The Easy Access Admissions Coordinators are experienced mental health clinicians who are available to discuss your particular needs and can advise you of the treatment options available. They can be contacted on telephone (03) 9256 8322, Monday to Friday from 8:45am to 4:15pm.
It is necessary for the Easy Access staff to speak to each patient before they are booked for admission to Albert Road Clinic as the Clinic is a voluntary facility and certain exclusion criteria may apply. They can also check your health insurance and advise you of any out of pocket expenses. If you do not have health insurance they will be able to advise you of the cost.
Before coming in to the Clinic you will need a referral from your GP, or psychiatrist if you have one.
Patient Services staff are located on the ground floor in the
Reception area will facilitate your admission upon arrival. Unit
staff will escort you to your room and orientate you to the Clinic.
Staff will answer questions you may have relevant to your treatment,
safety, security and routine of the Units.
The Clinic offers a high standard of accommodation with both
shared and private rooms available. All rooms have ensuite
facilities. Whilst we make every endeavour to provide you with your
accommodation preference, please understand that in certain
circumstances of high activity or emergency admission it may be
necessary to offer you a shared room.
What to bring for Admission
- Referral letter
- GP details
- Medicare Card
- Private Health Insurance Card
- Veterans Affairs Card, Pension Number and Pharmacy
- All medications you are currently taking including tablets,
vitamins, mixtures, creams, inhalers or drops. Check with staff
whether or not to bring your dosette
- Several changes of casual clothing, comfortable shoes and a hat
- Sleepwear, dressing gown, slippers, reading material
- Toiletries and washing powder
- Mobile phones are permitted in the Clinic, however the camera
function may not be used to preserve the privacy of other patients
- Aids such as hearing aid, walking aid (please make sure these items are labelled with your name)
If you are planning to use the gymnasium equipment, you'll need to bring joggers and medical clearance from your doctor may be required.
Do Not Bring
- Valuables or large sums of money
- Non prescribed drugs
Download the booklet