Developmental Trauma Program commences at Albert Road Clinic
May 01, 2019
Albert Road Clinic announces the commencement of a Developmental Trauma Program on 29th April 2019. It is a dedicated inpatient treatment program aimed to assist people with a history of trauma in a supportive environment.
The program assists individuals to
- Gain awareness and understanding of how they been impacted by traumatic events
- Gain tools and skills to be able to reduce symptoms and associated distress
- Develop skills and tools to be able to maintain healthy relationships
- Reclaim their sense of identity and ability to live in accordance with their values
- Reduce unhelpful behaviours and to adopt more helpful means of coping
- Develop self-efficacy and a sense of personal empowerment
- Adult 18 years of age and over
- Complex, interpersonally generated trauma
- Mental health or substance abuse comorbidities may exist but not the current primary concern
- Capacity and agreement to participate in the prescribed treatment program
If you would like more information about this Program then please contact EasyAccess P: 03 9256 8322.
A General Practitioner or psychiatrist referral is required and can be sent via facsimile (03) 9256 8361.