COVID-19 update from Albert Road Clinic
4 January 2021
Thank you to our patients, employees and doctors for your ongoing support during the global COVID-19 pandemic. It certainly has been a challenging year for everybody and we understand the additional stress and anxiety this evolving situation may cause for many people.
Albert Road Clinic is completely committed to providing patients with the best possible treatment and experience throughout their wellbeing journey. Our skilled teams are focused on providing consistent high-quality patient care while strengthening our culture of ‘people caring for people’.
Since the start of the pandemic, we have been working closely with the Department of Health and Human Services, the Australian Department of Health and our national COVID-19 response team to implement all necessary health and safety precautions. Like all health care organisations, we are committed to doing everything we can to mitigate the risks for our patients, staff and doctors during unprecedented circumstances.
VISITORS: Visitors must continue to wear masks at all times whilst in the hospital. Visitors are restricted to two visitors per patient for up to one hour per day. These should be the same two visitors for the duration of the patient’s stay. Exceptions to the one hour limit can be made for the following, however, the limit of two visitors must be strictly adhered to:
- A parent or guardian or temporary carer of a patient in the hospital who is under 18 years
- A carer of a patient with a disability
- A partner or support person of a pregnant patient
- A support person for a patient coming into the emergency department of a hospital
- A support person for someone attending an outpatient appointment
- A person who is providing support to a patient receiving palliative or end-of-life care in hospital
Thank you once again for your ongoing support, as we navigate this pandemic together.
Patients who have enquiries should contact their treating psychiatrist or a member of our team on 9256 8311.