Important update for visitors:
Visitors must continue to wear masks at all times whilst in the hospital. Visitors are restricted to two visitors per patient for up to one hour per day. These should be the same two visitors for the duration of the patient’s stay. Exceptions to the one hour limit can be made for the following, however, the limit of two visitors must be strictly adhered to:
- A parent or guardian or temporary carer of a patient in the hospital who is under 18 years
- A carer of a patient with a disability
- A partner or support person of a pregnant patient
- A support person for a patient coming into the emergency department of a hospital
- A support person for someone attending an outpatient appointment
- A person who is providing support to a patient receiving palliative or end-of-life care in hospital
New COVID-19 screening system
We have introduced a new screening process to protect the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, patients, employees, doctors and contractors.
The new system requires a person to scan a unique QR code – using the camera function on their smart phone – before they enter the facility.
If you are a visitor, patient or contractor you will need do the following:
||Hold your smartphone camera up to the QR Code which can be found on posters and floor stickers at entrance points. Simply hover the camera over the code as if you were going to take a photo of it.
||Click the link that pops up on your screen and simply follow the prompts
||Answer all questions
||Show your phone confirmation to a screening staff member
||Screening staff may take your temperature and may ask a couple of extra questions
Do I have to wait until I arrive to do the online questionnaire?
You don’t have to wait until you arrive to do this – you can complete this at home but you must do it on the day you are visiting as the code is only valid for 24 hours.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
If you don’t have a smartphone, don’t worry – we have friendly staff members who will assist you.
What questions will be asked?
You will be asked some simple questions about any possible exposure to COVID-19, such as:
- Have you been cleared following a positive COVID-19 test?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days?
- Have you been formally identified as a close contact of a confirmed case?
- Are you unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms including: fevers, cough, vomiting, diarrhoea, night sweats or chills, or acute respiratory infection including cough shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you travelled to an identified hotspot, returned from overseas or from a cruise in the last 14 days?
What happens to personal information collected?
As Australia’s largest private hospital operator, we are experienced with safely and securely storing large amounts of personal and confidential information of our customers. The information entered into our secure system through this screening process will be stored for a maximum of 30 days and then will be deleted.