Community Programs assist individuals recovering from mental illness and/or addictions to develop and maintain the capacities required for successful community living. Treatment and rehabilitation strategies are used to prevent relapse, manage symptoms and establish satisfying social and productive roles.
Community Programs provide comprehensive services in collaboration with Albert Road Clinic Inpatient Programs and Consulting Suites, external service providers (such as your general practitioner), families and others concerned with an individual’s care.
Community Programs are intended for individuals with:
- Diagnosed mental illness and/or addictions and related dysfunction
- Current or chronic impairment in self-management of illness
- Motivation to pursue symptom stabilisation and independent self-care services
The aims of Community Programs are to:
- Assess personal abilities, rehabilitation and treatment needs
- Develop an individualised, goal-oriented treatment plan
- Provide group and individual rehabilitation counselling and psychotherapy
- Offer a specialised Dialectical Behavioural Therapy program
- Ensure family and individual psychoeducation and support
- Progress discharge planning and referral
A collection of tailored, consistent and well-structured therapeutic group programs strongly focused on the recovery of each and every patient. The diverse range of day programs on offer are aimed to address specific needs and diagnostic categories. They are provided once or twice every week over a period of weeks or months, depending on the program.
Additionally some patients receive individual sessions in combination with the day program.
Where a clinician visits a patient in the home to provide individualised care and treatment can be short or long term. Travel distance criteria apply.
Having access to both Day Programs and Outreach can assist with:
- In vivo assessment and training in activities of daily living
- Building a therapeutic relationship resulting in increased efficacy of intervention
- Application of learned skills and preventative factors
- Support in reviewing patients understanding and application of theory from day programs
Enquiries and Referrals
For all enquiries about accessing Community Programs at Albert Road Clinic please call 03 9256 8322.
Private health insurance is recommended and a referral from your psychiatrist or general practitioner is required.
Download the brochure