Our Clinic provides specialist inpatient programs for patients aged 13 years or older requiring acute mental health intervention for a range of emotional and mental health issues such as mood disturbance, anxiety disorders, psychosis and addiction.
Interventions for inpatients include progressive and holistic treatment regimens combining medication, comprehensive group programs, individual counselling and psychotherapy, to ensure the best outcome for each patient.
The environment is one of support and guidance, with a level of independence encouraged on the part of patients appropriate to their level of need and state of health.
The inpatient units are staffed by multidisciplinary teams of highly professional and compassionate practitioners which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and general practitioners.
On arrival patients can expect a comprehensive quality service through:
- A thorough initial assessment and care planning
- A holistic approach to care – addressing physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- A therapeutic program specific to individual needs, incorporating:
- Supportive counselling and psychotherapy
- Core Skills based training to manage symptoms and build coping mechanisms. Learn strategies to manage difficult emotions, improve social and communication skills, behavioural activation, anxiety management and relaxation
- Healthy lifestyle and activity groups
- Creative groups for self expression
The inpatient environment fosters self-reliance and self-responsibility where patients are encouraged to be involved in all treatment discussions.
Enquiries and Referrals
For all enquiries about accessing services at Albert Road Clinic please call 03 9256 8322.
Private health insurance is recommended and a referral from your psychiatrist or general practitioner is required.
Download the brochure